The weakest link in home automation is often the simplest and (apparently) most benign. But that WiFi-enabled light bulb might be the key to unlocking your front door.
Jesse joins Joe Donahue on WAMC's The Roundtable on Tuesday, December 17, 2018 at 11:30 to talk about security and organizing your life (a pre-new year's segment)
Here's the NY Times article that launched the recent https://www.viagrageneriquefr24.com/recherche-viagra-montreal/ location concerns: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/10/technology/prevent-location-data-sharing.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage
- Get rid of cross-domain logins (login to your charity's website through Google for example)
- Review and use standard security best practices
- Store sources for every data element in every database and file
- Store expiration data for every data element in every database and file
- Pure old/dubious data
- Don't collect data "in case"
- Track security breaches:
- NPs aren't immune from what's going on in the world
- Confront legacy problems