In many states, HOAs are nonprofits without much further ado. Tax-exempt status for all nonprofits is another matter. In general, states are responsible for organizing nonprofit organizations and the federal Internal Revenue Service is responsible for determining if those organizations are or are not exempt from federal taxes. States often then follow those determinations for local taxes. Although the three steps maybe done all together, they are basically sequential).
Reminders as we enter the year-end tech shopping spree. Article here.
Joe and Jesse talk about what's new in the media in the app world. What are people reading, writing, and thinking about. If you look at a totally idiosyncratic and unscientific roundup of the topics under discussion, there are different topics for different groups of people.
- Security — apps and cloud
- Learning to code/computer science
- Cost of devices
- Using technology
- Worried about what is happening
- Artificial/virtual reality
- Artificial intelligence/Machine Learning
- 3D Printing
- New devices
- Integration with systems and databases
- Using APIs and pre-built components
- Freemium model
If you want to use paper and pencil, here are some downloadable PDF forms to accompany The Nonprofit Risk Book.
Use Settings to set the default location for new documents you create with NP Risk.
NP Risk doesn't need to be open (but it does need to be installed on your device).
1. Find NP Risk in Settings.
2. Select Document Storage and choose your default location. (Dropbox, Box, and other third-party products require an account).
Jesse and Joe talk about learning to code on The Roundtable, Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 11:30 am.